Saturday 18 December 2010

Chaos

I should be somewhere on the way from Amsterdam to Warsaw right now but here I am, sitting at home (in Bergen) and writing...
Schipol was closed yesterday due to heavy snowfals but most of the planes scheduled for  today in the morning took off without any problems. I was quite optimistic...
I got suspicious already around noon when I could not check-in online but the vague message - please contact KLM service desk at the airport - did not say too much...
On the way to the airport I got stuck in a traffic jam for around 30 minutes. Apparently most of the people in Bergen still do not have Xmas gifts and they all decided to go shopping to the Lagunen shopping centre placed next to the main road to the airport.
And when I finally reached the airport I was told that Schipol is not accepting any transfer passengers so I need to pick-up a number and wait to get a new ticket... |Right... I picked up a number (207) at 15:10 while number 95 was being processed. The photo below was taken at 16:30.
 I was finally able to leave the airport with a new ticket at 18:50!!!
Almost 4 hours of waiting (only people from the flight to Amsterdam were served at that time)!!!! Wrrrr!!!
Fortunately there were some nice and talkative people around with a good sense of humour :-)  

Let's see of I can fly through Frankfurt tomorrow morning....



.

No comments:

Post a Comment