Wednesday 6 January 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Coming back to Bergen after Christmas was full of surprises!
Here is a list of my New Year's discoveries and challenges :
  • Almost all the snow was in exactly the same place where we had seen in last time: on the streets and side walks. It is winter, I know, but it was only snowing on 19th and 20th of December. Afterwards just sunshine and cold! Anyway, this gave an opportunity to try ploughing for the first time in my life :-) I was ploughing the snowcover with my suitcase almost all the way home from the bus stop,
  • Our fridge does not work if the temperature around it is below X degrees. X is still unknown but it must be >= 5 degrees Celsius since the fridge was already not working when I arrived. Obviously most of our flowers did not survived in 5C... Anyway, for the first time in my life I slept in ~7C, in the morning it was already around 11C...
  • On Monday I received an SMS from the Bergen Kommune saying that I should move our car so that the street that it stands on can be cleaned. Fine! Two problems: 1. where should I move it if all the streets around looks exactly the same - full of snow! 2. the car was not only covered with 40cm layer of snow but also surrounded with snow banks created by the snowploughs that already tried to clean the street. Anyway, for the first time in my life I was digging for 1h45min to able to move the car... and I left it ... 20m further, on a kind of cleaned part of the street.
That is it, at least for now...

The Best Boyfrien Ever is comming back to Bergen in one week. As people say that doing things for the first time in our lives is fun, I hope that in 2010 he will get plenty of opportunities like that :-p

And of course I wish you all the best in 2010 and plenty of positive challenges and discoveries!!!!

BTW, have you seen that:

No comments:

Post a Comment