Friday 11 March 2011

first post from Ubuntu

Last weekend I finally installed Ubuntu on my laptop (in parallel to the old WinXp). Everything went pretty smooth, mainly thanks to drTBBE who tested the same thing 2 weeks earlier so I mostly avoided his mistakes.
But afterwards I decided to 'refresh' my WinXp and restore it from a system image. That took 5 times more time than installation of Ubuntu! Not to mention that I had to recreate the MBR and one partition of my hard drive... wrr.....
Anyway, I start to like Ubuntu more and more :-)
So far I did not have install any additional drivers and all the basic devices work fine. It starts in about 15s and shuts down in 4s. It is pretty intuitive and I really appreciate working with several workspaces. There is plenty of things to learn but I am looking forward!!!!
If I only had more time to spend on that...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment