Saturday 13 November 2010

Volume raycaster

Writing (C++ with QT) this volume raycaster took about 1,5-2 months of my life. Not only in the working hours... 
It was a part of the course assignment on the Visualisation course that I take now. Very interesting stuff I must say :-)
Below you will find a couple of visualisations of the computer tomography (CT) data:

Direct volume rendering (DVR) with a 1D transfer function.

DVR with another 1D transfer function.

DVR with diffuse and specular shading (Phong).

DVR with diffuse and specular shading (Phong).

and my favourite - terminator look :-)

Considering the fact that this is the first application with a GUI (graphical user interface) in my short 'career' of  a beginner C++ programmer - I really like the results :-)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment