Saturday 29 August 2009

Busy days...

Last days were pretty busy, but fortunatelly there is also some progress:

Norwegian ID number:
Today I have received my temporal ID number (D-number). Only 5 working days when I was told to wait 2-3 weeks. Well done!

Bank account:
The magic D-number gives me a possibility to open a bank account!!! Not everywhere of course, and not in the bank that I would like to choose, but at least I have a possibility. And it will take only 10 days to have it working (wrr)!!!

Tax card:
I was kindly informed that I will pay 36% of my salary to the Norwegian state. Fortunately the Norwegian State does not want all my spare money and it decided to give me a discount on the taxes in the first 2 years. So the effective tax to be paid is ~32% ...and believe me, I dot earn SO much!
These numbers are very motivating to use my full rights to the unemployment benefit and the maternity leave at the end of my contract (yes, this time I will!).

The flat:
- our new flat seems to be fine and big enough. I probably on write so because I do not know the neighbors yet and the flat is almost empty (the truck with our inventory should arrive in some days),
- on the next day after I had signed the rental agreement, the Best Boyfriend Ever (tBBE) found an advert of a furnished flat in a good location, generally looking twice better than ours and only slightly more expensive,
- I asked tBBE not to show me these kind of things anymore ;-)

Final removal:
- Mrs. Mariola, our contact point from the removal company, has a 3weeks old baby and she is forgetting some things, even the important ones (like should we pay the VAT or not),
- tBBE is very happy - all the new toys that we bought arrived on time (the last one only today!) to be packed on the truck on Monday, (well done!),
- we both hope (me and tBBE) that Mrs. Mariola will not forget where to send the truck ;-)

tBBE:
- looks great via skype videocall :-),
- is tired and stressed (no progress in his PhD for last ... days),
- between 1st and 16th of Sept will travel more than 3400km,
- will hug me in 18 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment