Thursday 7 May 2009

Project: Norway

A bit more than one month ago I was offered a PhD position in Bergen, Norway.

The Best Boyfriend Ever (TBBE) said: 'I knew it... Ok, we go to Norway!' 5 seconds after I called him to announce the results of the interview...

So it was decided - we started a new project: project NORWAY!!!

Porject NORWAY consist of the following phases:
  1. Preparation:
    • Imagining how it will be, talking, talking, talking,
    • Reading forums, trying to understand how much life in Norway cost, etc
    • More reading... what papers we need (Norway is not EU), do we need 2 cars, etc..
    • More reading... where will we live, how will we move, when, where is my contract?
  2. Planning and a bit of implementation:
  3. Real implementation:
  4. Goodbye Italy = Norway - we are comming!
  5. Piece of cake or surviaval lesson?
  6. Reflections...

We go to Bergen together this weekend. I hope that TBBE will like it as much as I liked it at the first time. It will rain half of the weekend so it should be a very representative sample of the norwegian weather ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment